Monday, May 9, 2011

“SUSPICIOUS MINDS” LINGER OVER PACQUIAO AGAIN!

In just about any era, Manny Pacquiao would be considered a great fighter. He wouldn’t have had a chance with the aforementioned greats in Duran, Hearns, or Leonard, but outside of that group he would have been quite successful. When I said that boxing was fixed, I was alluding to the fact that I believe, in my opinion Pacquiao is not fighting fair. There are many people that think Manny has jacked his body up with red blood cells, also known as “Blood Doping” while training.

I WONDER WHY PACQUIAO BEATS UP BIGGER GUYS WITH EASE?

The extra blood cells from the use of EPO (Erithropoyetin) can increase your oxygen level anywhere from 30 to 45%. Of course, this allows you to train 45% harder, recover 45% faster, and thus perform 45% better. As somebody studying medicine, I’ve been told there is no perfected test to determine whether an athlete is on EPO. In the old days, before the steroid era, “Blood Doping” was done through transfusions. Until recently accurate testing has been difficult because the EPO made in the lab is virtually identical to the naturally occurring form and there are no firmly established normal ranges for EPO in the body.

ARE YOU SEEING WHERE I’M GOING HERE?

The bottom line is that none of us knows what goes on behind closed doors in a fighter’s training camp. Now, I’m not saying Manny didn’t deserve to win against the almost elderly for a boxer Mosley, who turns 40 in a few months, as he pitched a shutout on almost everybody’s scorecards. Pac’s a good man that has done a lot for his country, has a lot of faith in God and is without question a great fighter. But that still doesn’t change the fact that I think the sport of boxing is fixed.

J.R. Fernandez

Taken from Ringtalk.com with permission

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So true og.

My Blog Archive

About Me

I'm a short Mexican from Paramount...I'm married and have 2 boys. I'm healthy and happy with my familia, what else does a man need?